Best Places to Eat in Carson City
From Vincent and Megan LoPresti
When working with real estate clients, or when we have friends or family in town, we’re often asked what are the best places to eat in Carson City. Since it comes up so often, we decided we should add it to our website so we can easily share when asked. Surprisingly, even though Carson City is a small town, it has a lot of great food places. However, may of Carson’s best food places are a little hidden. Hopefully this restaurant list with addresses included will help point our hungry friend, family and clients in the right direct. Oh, and if you have a place you love that isn’t on this list, let us know so we can try it out. Maybe we’ll even love it enough to add it to our list of favorites. – Megan & Vince
List in Alphabetical Order
Best places to eat in Carson City, Nevada, listed in alphabetical order. Our top choices are marked with an asterisk:
- Basil (Thai) | 311 N Carson | thebasilcarsoncity.com
- Francisco’s Mexican Restaurant (Mexican) | 1200 S. Stewart St
- Garibaldi’s Italian Kitchen | 307 N Carson St. | garibaldisitaliankitchen.com
- *Kim Lee’s Sushi (Sushi) | 319 N. Carson St | capitalcitysushi.com | *Try the Alma Balls or upside-down shrimp.
- *LA Bakery (Breakfast/Lunch/Sweets) | 1280 N. Curry St. | labakery.com | *We regularly order salads & sandwiches from LA for lunch. Their bakery goods are amazing.
- Mangia Tutto Pizzeria e Ristorante (Pizza) | 200 N Stewart St. | mangiatuttopizzeria.com
- Ming’s (Chinese and Sushi) | 2330 S. Carson St. | carsonmings.com
- Mom & Pops Diner (Breakfast/Lunch) | 224 S. Carson St. | mompopsdiner.com
- *Pho Country (Pho) | 2495 N Carson St. | phocountry.net | *Order something that includes egg rolls or wontons. So, so good!
- *Red’s Old 395 Grill (American/BBQ/Bar) | 1055 S Carson St. | reds395.com | *Red’s is decorated with historic and Nevada memorabilia…and it has 100+ beers on tap. A must for anyone visiting from out of town. Best wings and steak salad.
- San Marcos Grill (Mexican) | 260 E. Winnie Ln |sanmarcosgrill.com
- *Sassafras Eclectic Food Joint (Eclectic) |500 Old Hot Springs Rd.
- *Schatt’s Bakery | 1212 S. Stewart | Schatsbakeries.com | *Their sandwiches and baked goods are to die for.
- Scoups (Ice Cream & Soup Bar) |224 S. Carson, #4 | scoupsbar.com
- *Squeeze In (Breakfast/Lunch) | Curry St, #102 | squeezein.com | *Everything on the menu is a little out of the ordinary, but always amazing. We love their omelets, French toast and French dip. Getting hungry just thinking about it!
- The Cracker Box Diner | 402 E Williams St. | thecrackerboxdiner.com
- *Villa Basque Café’ (Breakfast/Lunch/Basque) | Basque Way | villabasquecafe.com | *Even if you don’t like chorizo, try their chorizo. They’re famous for it and you won’t be disappointed.